Tuesday, January 5, 2010

100th day celebration

Happy Gracie.

Eric with my sweet, precious.

Sadie, my silly munchkin.

Happy mom after a successful party.
Photos by Wendy Yang Brunk


It's a tradition in the Korean culture to celebrate the 100th day of life. It was thought to be a major milestone during the days when the infant mortality rate was high. Gracie's 100th day or baek il was on Dec. 30, a Wednesday. So we invited our friends to brunch at our place the following Saturday. We had biscuits, ham, quiche, fruit, coffee and juice... all very Korean, very traditional. =) Maybe one day we'll have a party with actual Korean food. But then again, I've been saying I will start to cook Korean for a long time now. Anyway, I digress... Eric and I look at it as a "thank you" to all the people in our lives who helped us get to day 100. All the support - meals made, words of encouragement, kind Facebook posts, offers to babysit - really mean a lot to us and we are so grateful.

My little girl is two weeks shy of being 4 months old. My, time really flies. She's all smiles lately and is such a good baby. She only fusses when she's hungry or extremely tired. It doesn't take much to get her to calm down most of the time. Since she's probably our last child, I can't help but just stare at her and try, try, try to not forget what she's like at this age. You see, I love little, little babies. I'd have two more if a certain husband of mine would agree to it. He says we can if we win the lottery. I'm pretty sure I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment